Robert C. Peyser
- January 2001 - Present; CEO - Countdown Corporation:
- Invented patent pending, ground-breaking technology to increase the response rate of networked advertising (both wired and wireless). Beta release due in first half of 2001. Incorporated business, hired staff, applied for patent and trademark protection, etc.
- November 1997 - January 2001; Managing Editor:
- Streaming Media World, Internet Product Watch, FlashPlanet, FlashKit, and Extreme Flash. Oversaw site operations, site re-designs, content creation and traffic promotion (aggregate traffic grew from about 50 thousand to over 1.3 million page views per day during my tenure). Conceived of and managed the first free headline distribution service on the Web: News Harvester. Managed office operations and personnel at the Ann Arbor, Michigan office of internet.com Corp.
- April 1996 - Present; CEO - Athenia Associates LLC
- Brought Athenia to profitability within six months of launch. Increased value of investment in Athenia by over 9,900% in less than three years. Responsible for all business transactions (including sales) and business model development. Responsible for all site look and feel development. Shared responsibility for Site traffic enhancement through the creation and management of a Web-centric revenue sharing program. Increased profitability by negotiating for free mission critical services and software. Built a thriving business on banner advertising from companies like Microsoft, Adobe, Netscape and many more. Web sites Athenia developed in this period are:
WebReference.com (winner of over 100 awards) and CoolCentral.com.
- December 1994 - April 1996 Creative Director:
Internet Connect, Inc., an Internet and Web presence provider in Plymouth, Michigan. Designed and managed the creation of the visual and interface elements (look and feel) of over one hundred Web sites including the first site for the People's Republic of China and the first Masco Corporation Web site. Designed Web based client presentations.
- 1989 - 1994 Creative Director:
- Zephron Corporation a Multimedia Interactive Design firm in Lynnwood, Washington. Designed and implemented visual interfaces and did image processing for multimedia interactive (MMI) projects. Significant achievements include MMI for the Art in Public Places kiosks for the Seattle Art Museum and for the Jacob Lawrence and Gwendolyn Knight project at the Bellevue Art Museum.
- 1984-1989 Ran Sculpture and Photography Studios
- Created life-size, figurative sculpture for the American Museum of Natural History in New York, New York; the Oakland Museum in Oakland, California; and the Mesa Southwest Museum in Mesa, Arizona. Created sculpture for the Citizenžs Bank in Flint, Michigan; Edgemont High School in Scarsdale, New York; and the Hartzfeld Building in Kansas City, Missouri among others. Ran a photography studio recording the work of sculptors and three dimensional designers in Edmonds, Washington.
- 1980-1984 Sales Representative
- Top producing sales representative for New England Safety Corp. in Armonk, New York. Also worked for Precious Moments Photography in Tarrytown, New York.
- Master of Fine Arts:
- New York State University College at New Paltz, New York
- Bachelor of Fine Arts and Teaching Certificate:
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, New York
- Marble Carving:
- State Institute of Art in Carrara, Italy
- Private Sculpture Study:
- Anthony Padavano and George Peter in Scarsdale, New York
- Seymour Lipton in the Bronx, New York
(E-mail: bob at athenia dot net) Revised: March 7, 2001